At 1st Home and Commercial Services, our number 1 priority is your safety. Electrical issues are not only a major inconvenience but can be potential fire hazards.
How to spot if there is an electrical emergency?
You can tell there may be a potential electrical emergency if:
- If you see that your appliances are either blackening or they’re hot to the touch then there’s potential for a electrical fire.
- If your lights are flickering on and off, which can be a wire that is melting in the wall or panel.
- Breaker is constantly tripping could mean that there is a short in the system.
What do I do in case of an electrical fire?
- Shut off all electricity by shutting down the circuit. If you think it’s one of your panels turn off any type of appliances to limit the impact.
- Leave your home or business immediately and call 911
- Don’t try to pour water over the fire because water conducts electricity. Only put out small electrical fires with an ABC rated fire extinguisher that does not conduct electricity.